Is TSH level of 7.72 in pregnancy OK ?

hi doctor , my tsh level is7.72 i am taking thyronorm 50 mcg during 3 months pregnancy is that fine for developing baby
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011
Dear Geeta

You must continue with Thyronorm throughout pregnancy and have your TSH level checked at monthly interval. The dose of TSH may have to be increased to keep the TSH level between 3-5.5(Eu-thyroid state). This is important for the normal growth and mental development of your baby. At the time of delivery make sure, that the baby is attended by a pediatrician who will send the baby's cord blood sample for TSH and T3 levels to ascertain any deviation from normal levels of these.
Do take good care of yourself.
Thyronarm is indicated in pregnancy, you can continue it, as it balances your harmaones.Take healthy diet, do yoga which is indicated in pregnancy, be relax, listen music you like.
dear geeta
you have not mention the dose of the thyronorm means whether it is once in a day or twice in a day,
but ya let me answer your query... there is no harm during pregnancy from taking this medicine
with the medicines only your hormonal level will be under control
keep continue with the same
all the best
and good luck for pregnancy

hope you got your query solved
for more queries
visit -
call- +91 98254 44736