Is D & C really necessary for a patient with continuous bleeding, fatty liver and cholesterol ?

My Mother-in-law was having a continue bleeding for 15 days after missed period of two months, she is 46 yrs old, did scan and blood tests, consult a Gyne as well, she adviced to tk tablets for 5 days, after that she was normal , but the scan report indicates Fatty liver , and chlorestral rate found high as per blood report, hence gyne advised to go thru for D&C along with one more blood test by next week, is it D&C really necessary ?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Aug 2011