Is Asthama a genetic disorder?

yes asthama runs in families, so it should be a gentic disorder. thats why it does not have cure. my grandpa had asthama, my father has asthama, and my brother has asthama. but i dont have thank god.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Oct 2009
asthma has familial predospisition but i dont think so they have find any gene as such which will has link..with dad has asthma even i have asthma and my son i saloso having asthma so think so there must me some relation witth the asthma ..and family
  Anonymous's Response

Yes it is known to run in families. But can be controlled with proper medical interventions.