Irritation, swelling, feeling of obstruction in the area between top incisors post sonic cleaning, no cyst. Cause and remedy?

Area between top two front teeth has remained irritaited ever since an aggressive sonic cleaning of my teeth about 6 months ago. I would guess it is slightly swollen and always feels like something is stuck between the teeth. I remember right after the cleaning the area behind the two top teeth felt raw. I ve been in for a few different check ups on it, the area has been re-cleaned a few times, scanned for a cyst , been to my dentist and a peridontist (sp?). My dentist mentioned she has another patient with the same problem but no clues how to resolve it. I assume the initial irritation was done by the cleaning (more aggressive on the top two front teeth then usual) but it won t calm down. Wonder if it is caught in a cycle - irritation leads to swelling leads to irritation etc. Darrell
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012