Irritation on vulvar and clitoris, swelling after periods. Used monistat. What should i do?

I was fine two weeks ago. My period came on had a normal monthly. After my period Went off. I began irritation on my right top side of my vulvar and near my clitoris. When I looked at it it was not just swelling . Then I decided to use petroleum jelly. That didn t work so it started to itch off and on now. I then thought it was a yeast infection so I started to use Monistat It began to get better a little but, but hen I got a white patch in that same area thr begin to burn . I know that I wear pants liners all the time morning to night. I have a miren iud so I have discharge on the time. Now I am worried that it may be something else and I am in pain bc the area doesn t it but just burns constantly. What should I do in the mean time waiting on my doctors appointment?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012