Irritation, burning sensation, discoloration on penis head after intercourse. What could be the reason?

Hi Dr. Grief, I m a 53 year old white male who had intercourse with a new partner 4 days ago. We used a condom which I have not done in years. The condom came off at some point towards the end of our engagment. I began, within a few minutes, to notice an irritation on the head of my penis and a slight burning sensation. There is some light discoloration in the area as well. I m obviously concerned but logically can t connect a fairly rapid onset with an std . The condom was non- latex (not an animal skin fourex type) so I m thinking (wishfully so) that there is some sort of demitological reaction to the condom. Am I just kidding myself?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Aug 2012