Irregular periods since delivery with intense pain, scanty flow followed by heavy bleeding. Cause?<br>

hi i have been gettin my periods irregular since i have had my 3rd daughter in november2011 i have never had trouble with my periods theyve always been clockwork. now i am experiencing alot of pain during them they last for roughly 2 weeks the first week of them is dirty blood and the second is heavy red blood then they finish and 2 weeks later im back to the start...
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Your history is suggestive of some pelvic infection probably related to the procedures during your last child birth; endometriosis is another possible condition that needs to be ruled out. Please see a specialist for a complete evaluation. You will need a blood work up, urinalysis and a trans-vaginal sonogram. Hormonal profiles may be needed after these steps are done. Further management can be planned after proper evaluation, clinically and through investigations. Hope this helps.