Irregular periods. Took femilon and triquilar. Frequent bowel movements after taking medication. Side effect?

hello mama is my question b private i am 25 years old. having pelvis problem. so dat my periods stop for two to three months then after taking medicin again it hapens. before 2 year when i got this prob i was asked to hv femilon but this time i am taking triqular as per dr advice.. but after starting this tablet for 2 day i am going latrin more than 4 times in a day. can u say me why it is happening. mama, puri
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic!
Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully gone through your case, and I think I have understood your concern. I will try to address your medical concerns and would suggest you the best of the available treatment options.
1] i could not get your height and weight from the query.
2] Please get USG done to rule out PCOD.
3] Try to adopt healthy exercise regimen, 20 min brisk walk, daily.
4] Have plenty of fruits, salads, vegetables in daily diet.
5]Avoid deep fried foods, bakery products and refined sugars.
6] I will suggest you tab regestrone 5 mg 2 times a day for 5 days ; like day 21 to 25 of every moth for 3 cycles.
I hope my answer helps you.
OBGYN Dr. Shanti Vennam's  Response
I have gone through your query and understood your concern. The hormone pills lead to withdrawal bleeding on completion of treatment. This can be accompanied by premenstrual symptoms like bloating, increased frequency of bowel as prostaglandins are released prior to the onset of menstruation etc. Your symptoms have started as you initiated the treatment. The diarrhea can also be due to some other cause like an infection. Please check with a physician for further suggestions. Increased fiber diet also can lead to increased bowel movement. Hope you find this information useful. Take care.