Irregular periods. Taken birth control. Had periods, pregnancy symptoms. Am I pregnant?

I have always had an irregular period , so i was put on birth control to help regulate my periods, i have been taking it for about 9 months its help regulate everything, the past 2wks i havent been taking it and me and my husband have been having unprotected sex, and this past week i have been really tired, swallen feet and my face has been getting flushed and hot and my breasts have been tender and i just had a really light 3 day period and im just wondering if i could be pregnant?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Hi, your light 3 day period may be as a result of discontinuation of the pill especially if periods came on or before the expected date . However to be sure you could get a serum beta hcg test or simpler urine pregnancy test done and visit your gynaec if positive.