Irregular bleeding, flow heavier than normal resulting in immense weakness. Is this pattern of cycle harmful?

Hi, I am Priya W , i ve irregular cycle, not on date. Actually i cant predict the date. Since the last 2 cycles the duration of the bleeding is much more than normal bleeding. The duration of bleeding varies from 15 to 25 days that makes me very weak . The duration between each consecutive cycle varies from 2 to 4 months which means i dont get cycle regular. Hence i want to clarify that whether this pattern of cycle is harmful to my health and reproduction system? If so then what are the ill effects to my health, causes and symptoms? Moreover i got married 1 1/2 year ago and now me and my husband are planning for a baby. So does my irregular cycles affect to carry baby? If so then what is the remedy? Is sex safe during bleeding? If not how safe sex can be done during bleeding?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
This is called menorrhagia and is very harmful for your body because you may be anemic(weak blood) and for this cause you feel weak.
You should go to the doctor immediately to determine whats are the cause.
You should do at least an ultrasound to see your uterus and ovaries.
If you have big myoma ,polips and submucosal myoma these can interfere with your desire to be pregnant.
take care of your self