Irregular and prolonged periods due to PCOS

my daughter who is 16 years old having irregular and prolonged periods about 20-25 days since 4 months..we consulted Gynecologist and underwent scanning and blood tests..resulted that she is having multiple polysistic overies and the doctor gave medicines but her periods were not stopped.. so doctor gave her sandoz tablets-regestrone for three days as 3 tabs per day..my baby took them for 2 days only then her bleeding stopped completely..but after 3 days she again started bledding .. is there anything wrong with this irregulararity my daughter is feeling very inconvenient as this is distrurbing her valuable studies
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
MADAM
YOU CANNOT STOP THESE MEDICINES LIKE THIS AS THESE ARE HORMONE MEDICINES BUT SHE NEEDS THESE MEDICINES FOR 03 CYCLES OR 03 MONTHS ATLEAST FROM IST DAY OF MENS TILL 21 DAYS AND INBETWEEN GET INVESTIGATED WHETHER ANY WRONG DISEASE SHE HAG GOT OR NOT.