Intermittent vaginal bleeding. On progesterone. Pain in the abdomen. What could be wrong?

Good afternoon! I have been experiencing intermittent vaginal bleeding for approx. 120 days. Light and obnoxious, but not painful. I was placed on a progesterone (10 day) to see if hormone levels were causing the issue, then prescribed LoEstrin FE. 48 hours ago I began having sharp pains on my left side similar to a kidney stone. (I average one-three kidney stone/kidney infection episodes per year. Undiagnosed causes.) This pain has continued for two days, radiating down my left leg, and through my left shoulder. I just passed a silver dollar sized blood clot. The first of my recorded history. Any idea of what could be going on?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013