Intermittent, stabbing pain in the ear which worsens with head movement, stuffiness in ear. Had been in a tick-infested area. Infection?

Hello, I am a 59-year-old female, weigh 170, in generally good health. I woke last night with an earache, which continues today. Stabbing pain intermittent (every few seconds), made worse with movement of my head (raising and lowering or side to side). Starting to feel stuffy in my ear. I was in a tick-infested area 3 weeks ago and found several ticks on me, although have not had a rash .
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012