Intermittent lower back pain. Today, had headache in the temporal region. What could it be?

I have been having on occasion in the middle of my lower back pain off and on. The pain only lasts two or three minutes and feels like something is stabing me in the back, today was a little longer like 5 minutes. Today however not only did i have pain in the lower back it seemed to travel up to my head on the left hand side (temporal/occipital area), which throbbed with pain two or three times. Any ideas? Cancer?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013