Intermittent left groin pain. Unable to walk on left leg. Schedules for spinal surgery. Suggestions?

Hello, I am really anxious about left groin pain that has plagued me for about 2yrs now. Each attack can be so painful that I can hardly walk on my left leg. Strange, as it may seem, the pain comes and go over days/weeks at a times. I am waiting to have L5 S1 fusion but Nuerosurgeon is satisfied this groin pain is unrelated to spinal problems. At the moment, I am barely able to walk for the pain and not sure if I should have it investigated further before spinal surgery in 3 weeks time. Would really appreciate your advice as very desperate for help. Thank you - Carol
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013