Intermittent fever, headaches, shakiness, rash on back. Suggestions?

My son has been running a fever on and off for the past 3 and a half weeks march 7th i took him to the doctor and he tested positive for flu b i had to take him back march 14 for fever again the doctor told me it may be the flu still he has since been complaining of headaches on and off and hasnt been as active i took him to the er today because his fever went up to 104.0 in the middle of the night he woke up shaking and screaming today he has been running a 103.5 and been given tylonal and motrin every 2 to 2 and a half hours and the lowest the fever is going is 101 the er did a strep test and said it was negative they think its viral he also has a rash coming up on his back it small sort of looks like chill bumps but not going away im concerned it is something else because of him being sick for so long and the really high fevers
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013