Intermittent chest, arm and neck pains. What could be causing this?

Im 15 and I went to the doctor a few days ago for chest , neck , and left arm pains. The pains persisted 3 days prior to the appointment, and are not going away. The doctor said the chest pains were probably inflamed cartilage or something like that. She also said the arm and neck pains were from physical activity. Which I dont think sounds right because it s an on and off pain that doesn t feel like sore muscles. What could be going on?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013