Intense pubic itching after going to bed, difficulty in sleeping. Is this alarming?

I am a 17 year old girl, the problem is every night when i go to bed my pubic parts gets really itchy, i cant even go to sleep because of that and it really gets me worried now. As this is not something i can discuss in public i want to know what is the reason for this, is it some kind of disease or is it just normal? I usually shave it every 2-3 months using a new clean razor and i was wandering should i trim the hair or use a hair removal cream because this is getting serious now, it is been like 3-4 weeks i am having this problem. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012