Intense pain after bending the left arm, radiates to shoulders. Same pain during massage in the hands. What is the reason?

For the past 3 months I have had this pain . I do not have health insurance so I want to make sure that this is serious before going to the doctor s. Everytime I bend my left arm I feel this intense pain that starts from the bend of my elbow and radiates up until my shoulders. If I try to keep it for long then the pain gets so bad that it makes that whole side hurt. When I bring my arm back down the pain disappears. This is only happening with my left arm. I also get this thing in both of my hands when I am doing something it is like they get stuck in whatever position I had them and I have to either have someone massage that hand or I do it with the other hand in order for me to fully open it back up. Should I be worried?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012