Intense migrain causing strobe light effect, on BID, have slurred speech, grogginess. Should I get off this medicine?

Hello i am currently taking Dilantin for 4 years now not for epileptic seizures i use to get bad migraines and at one point i had such a bad migraine i was experiencing a strobe light effect from my left eye i was admitted to a hospital ,after they did an MRI of my brain they found a cyst in the parietal lobe (benign cyst) they said that due to the severty of the migraine headache my brain swelled up and applied pressure to the cyst therefore causing the strobe light effect. I am currently on 300mg BID and currently i have no doctor but i feel that is too much for one to take and now i m experiencing side effects like groggyness and my speach sometimes slurrs, i m 43yrs old and i think i should get off this medication.I thank you for you time , have a great day!
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  47 Awaiting Answer