Intense cough that aggravates at night post gastric reflux treatment, occasional bubbly sputum. What is the cause?

I used to have gastric reflux especially at night but after a camera down my throat I was prescribed nexium and the reflux stopped. However, I started to have alot of mucas in my throat, which has now started to make me cough . This cough has lasted for about 4 years. I cough constantly and during the night. Sometimes it makes me sick, but I tend to bring up bubbly sputum . My GP keeps changing my medication , I seem to have had all the stomach pills going. Nothing makes any difference. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012