Insect and mosquito bites, severe itching at night. Taking antihistamines, steroid creams, no relief. Scabies infection?

Hi, I went to the XXXXXX and got bitten by a lot of mosquitos - a few days later I may have got some bites from some other insect in bed. All my bites itch like crazy, a lot worse at night - it has now been 2 weeks since I got the mosquito bites. i have taken antihistamines and various creams - my current doctor prescribe betamethasone steroid cream. Currently things don t seem to be getting better - i asked him if he thought it was scabies but as he didn t see tunnels etc he didn t think so. It would be strange to be scabies as i know i got bitten by mosquitos - unless scabies mites then find it easier to enhabit mosquito bites
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012