Inner lips are extremely itchy in intervals, space between inner and outer lips red. Bacterial infection ?

my inner lips are extremly itchy in intervals and the space between my inner & outer lips is red. My discharge is normal and it has no smell it just itch. I was thinking it might be the soap im using because this happened last time I uses it but this time the itching last longer. My fiance and I just went to the denist today & they told him he had a bacterial infection in his mouth. Days before he had spit on my vagina to wet it before intercourse can that have something to do with my itching?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Hello ma'am.

Your symptoms do indeed resemble those of an infection, but will have to be comfirmed with the help of a urine examination and a vaginal swab test, these will help in finding the exact infection and also the most suitable medication to treat your infection.

In the meantimeplease avoif the use of a strong soap and also abstain from all forms of sexual contact if you are indeed sexually active.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.