Injured collar bone. Knot under the neck, swelling. Inflamed muscle diagnosed. No broken bones in x-ray. Bruised chest. What can be done?

I injured my collar bone about a week ago, it is very swollen and there is a knot under my neck that feels like a bone. I went to the emergency room the day it happened, and the x-ray didnt show any breaks they called it an inflamed muscle, but it feels like something more than that is wrong. My entire chest is bruised. Could an inflamed muscle cause the knot and the bruising ?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013