Infected subcutaneous cyst on lower lip, painful, surrounding areas numb, advised incision for cyst removal. Will it spread ?

Hi I have a subcutaneous cyst on my lower lip which has become infected. My Doctor has given me antibiotics today and is going to perform a small incision to remove the cyst tomorrow as long as the swelling has gone down. At the moment it is very painful and my lip and surrounding area feels numb and tingly (similar to the feeling you get after you have had dental treatment and an injection ). What is worrying me is that the feeling is spreading all over my cheek and below to my chin . It is very uncomfortable and is throbbing horribly.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012