Infant with recurring conjunctivitis. Is the continuous use of eye drops safe?

Me and my son recently contracted conjunctivitis we got rid of it 2 weeks later my 7 month old daughter got it and i feel like it it keeps coming back with my daughter its not going away now i think i have it again. I have been so diligent with keeping everything clean its so hard to keep them from touching everything what should I do? Is it ok to keep putting these drops in her eyes? After the drops are in how long till your not contagious. I am so frustrated
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM portal,
You have to put anti biotic drops regularly and you can also add another anti biotic ointment for bed time application.When one person in the house is infected then basically whole house is infected as there are so many common spots which every body touches.Take care and they will be fine.Same virus does not effect in a short time.This must have been incomplete tt rather than re infection.