Infant with fever and vomiting, loose stools, loss of appetite. Pain in the rib cage. Viral infection?

my 21 month old son had a fever an vomiting Saturday night. His fever continued for about 36 hours no more vomiting but he has had loose stool, stomach gurgling, hiccups, burping loss appetite, now he is coughing. He pointed to his rib cage twice just under his arm pit on the left sideboard indicated he had pain. He's whiney but is playing normally& dancing. I assumed it was a virus but now I'm concerned it may be something more.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013