Infant has ridge from soft spot to the forehead. Is this normal?

Hi. My 15 month old son has a ridge from his soft spot down to the start of his forehead . He had a head xray which the doc said was fine and showed no.indication of early fusion but he didnt offer an explination as to what the ridge is. Is it normal for a child to have a boney ridge in this place. I dont feel 100% confident with the result
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013

Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
This is the persistance of metopic suture.
It is mild overiding of the bony suture.It is not much of a concern.If you not 1005 confident you can go for a CT scan to confirm that there is no malformations.
I would ask you to wait till 18months.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.