Child has ridge on sutures from his forehead to occipital lobe. Mother is drug abuser. Related?

my grandson was born premature, weighing 4lb 7oz. the sutures from his forehead to his occipital lobe have a ridge you can see and feel. He is in the NICU. The sutures on the sides of his head do not have a ridge. He has a smaller than normal soft spot but he does have one. His mother is a drug abuser and my son is taking custody of him as CPS has determined the mother s mental problems are to severe for her to be allowed custody. Could this birth defect be from the drugs? She tested positive for cocaine 1 time during pregnancy but we think she was using bath salts as she was on probation and drug testing so not meth we think.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013