Infant has continuous low grade fever, no relief with zithromax. What should be done?

My 15 month old son has had a low grade fever for 2 weeks now. Had him at the doctor on day 3 of fever. At that point highest fever was 102 (taken with scanning forehead thermometer ). Nothing came from the examine, so figured it was viral. On day 9, called back...son still had low grade fever (nothing over 100.5)-doc put him on zithromax . Yesterday we finished day 5 of mess and he still has a fever. Today it was back up to 100.4, the lastcoupke of days it was in the 99 s. Wondering what to do now. Generally I do not worry about low grade fevers, but the length of this one has me worried.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012