Infant had hit on the back of head, hard bump on the site, no bleeding, feels relieved with ice application. What else can be done?

My 11 month old fell and hit the back of his head very hard last night. He immediately cried and has shown no symptoms of concussion or serious injury and has been acting normal. Although, he has an extremely large (like the size of a golf ball) and very hard bump where he hit, there was never any external bleeding from the fall. I put ice on it for as long as he would let me about 5 minutes after the fall. Is there anything else I can do to help the bump go down faster? In your opinion, is there risk of serious damage to the brain? Do I need to seek medical help?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012