Infant. Hard stools. Breastfed along with toned milk. Remedy?

My baby is 2 months old, today she was crying very much while passing hard stool as such she is having stomach ache. She is breastfed daily, but as she is a little underweight, doctor advised to give her toned milk with continuing breast milk. I am suspecting if it is the toned milk which she is having problem ti digest, as I never saw my elder daughter to have such problem who is now 3 years old. I have given her gripe water, but not much of use and she is crying more while passing hard stool. Kindly help me.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013