Indigestion, loss of apetite, diarrhoea, black stools. Reason?

Bill complains of gut problems. He said that when he burps he still tastes last nights supper, which was heavy in garlic, meat and spicy to say the least. As a result, he has no appetite . This feeling in his stomach has also been coupled with diarrhea . Since he could not eat he decided to take Pepto Bismol instead of his usual breakfast and lunch. He resisted the urge to defecate so as to conserve water loss from diarrhea. A day later when he felt his bowel movement may be solid he finally did defecate. He discovered that his feces were pitching black in color. He had heard that sometimes black feces is an indicator of intestinal bleeding and can be related to colon polyps or cancer, he knows you are taking Human Anatomy so he asks you what you think.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012