Increasing eye pressure, episode of squiggly lines in vision that subsided within minutes, cloudy vision thereafter. Glaucoma sign?

My eye doctor is going to run further tests, but believes I may have glaucoma . My pressures get higher every year along with vision problems. I am 37. I work at a tax office and this is our peak time of year, I m extremely busy, so thought if I could get a quick opinion it would be great. When I awoke this morning, I had big squiggly lines (kind of like lightening bolts, but squigglier) going across my vision in both eyes. The left, I could not see past them, the right, I still had some vision. I closed them and opened them numerous times and it did not cease. I put in my contacts...I don t know why I thought it might help, but I did, and it did not help. This continued for about 15 mins. then it subsided and I have had no other issues today, outside of my left eye seeming a little cloudy, but nothing too bothersome. I have never had this experience before or anything like it and it alarmed me. Would it have anything to do with glaucoma or may there be another issue possibly?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013