Increased heartbeat and anxiety when mother-in-law smokes. Is it normal?

My mother-n-law smokes on average 3 or packs of cigarettes a day. I sit in this apartment all day long as smokes but lately I have noticed that I feel really weird when she smokes almost like my heart is racing and I feel high level of anxiety . I am constantly spraying air freshener to cover up the smell of the smoke because it extremely irritating but now they seem like I am annoying them by doing this. Is it right for my heart to feel this way while she smokes or am I just exaggerating?
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012