Increased heart beat rate after smoking weed. Want to smoke last time. Possible to smoke without heart beat issue?

Hi there, I have been smoking weed for over 2 years, then one of the of the last times i smoked it i noticed that my heart was pounding and going very fast, i though i was having pains but i assume thats just paranoia . I stopped completely for around 3 months, (i forgot to say that i was smoking it in bongs) , every time i smooke it now , i am constantly checking heart beat. I have stopped completely now, i just want to have a spliff with a mate for the last time, without having to deal with my heart beat issue. Im getting bit shaky just writing this. so is there a way to make it normal for this last time? cheers
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Cannabis brings a slight increase in heart rate, but mostly it enhances sensations including feeling more the beat of your heart.
After excessive long period of use this "sensations" eventually becomes a full on panic attack (user thinks he is dying with no real reason) in predisposed individuals. It is very difficult after one of this episodes to use again weed and not to suffer from anxiety.