Increased aggressiveness, excessive anger, control freak. What is the treatment for such behavior?

hi, my dad and sister(18..) is not what you can call friends... she has been a little bit aggressive for a long time(years) my mum always says that she will grow out of that behavior . yelling, hitting, crying etc. she has stopped with the hitting, but now she is acting like a real bitch to my father.. calling him names, makes him angry, try to controll everyone in the family (everything from, what we eat- food, candy, cakes, watch on the television, making my dad stay home while everyone else goes to the mall. she wants a finger into everyones business all the time. a controll freak. but she is worst with our dad.... what to do????? i mean that she is just getting worse... she doesnt have a bestfriend, actually not many friends at all..
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Public Forum

From above brief description, It is difficult to comment about her problem. Such behavior can occur in various situations.

Following are the possibilities:
-Normal behavior
-Hormonal change
-Adjustment problem
-Excessive affection for father
-Other psychological problem
-Personality issues

If your family members agree for the presence of behavior issues then you can meet psychiatrist or psychologist for assessment.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Wish you Good Health.

Dr. Ashish Mittal