Inability to read texts, letters seem like patterns, loss of memory. What is the cause?

While reading I sometimes lose track of words and find myself following patterns on the page which form between letters. I find myself somewhere near the bottom of the page but have no memory of reading the text, I can see the letters but not the words and the pattern of space on the page standout clearly. This happens regularly when I read. What causes it? Other times I see red or green lines around the sentences and recognize the letters but not the words. Is this related to the pattern problem?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013