In order to insert my tampon easily, is it safe or not

In order to insert my tampon easily, is it okay to put olive oil on the applicator? will i get any infections? i don t understand why all of you immature adults are making such a big deal of this. just give me a normal answer without making such a fuss. i never tried it and i want to make sure if it s safe or not. and i don t feel like getting jelly.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
Tampons themselves cause infections, tampons are bad for vaginal health and commercial tampons (e.g. Tampax) are the most harmful of over twenty different menstrual options. If concerned about infections you may want to consider a safer menstrual option such as menstrual cups. Tampons themselves are absorbent wads of material being put into a moist delicate area where bacteria breeds thus causing vaginal splitting and giving bacteria and yeast a good place full of nutritious menstrual blood to multiply upon. Commercial tampons are made from super-absorbent materials that add to the issues mentioned in the first point, but also contain bleach and chemicals that are unnecessary and contribute to infections by affecting vaginal PH, in turn affecting natural bacterial and yeast balance. As for the olive oil, that in itself shouldn't cause an infection, many women use it as a natural lubricant, in fact it is beneficial because it is slightly antifungal, although the issue I'd see with this is that because tampons cause vaginal splitting olive oil may cause some discomfort.