I was diagnosed with low testosterone. Pirtuitary gland seemed normal after MRI scan done.

I was diagnosed with low testosterone last year when my sex drive basically nose dived to nil. I went to see a urogolist and then an endocrinologist and also got an MRI scan done. As per the MRI the pirtuitary gland seemed normal however the results I did not have time to show to the endocrinologist. The doctor also did a physical and said that the testes seemed perfectly normal however he advised me to get a few tests done the results of which are as follows; Dated: Feb 17, 2010 LH= 2.82 mlU/ml ref range: (0.8 – 7.6) FSH= 3.47 miU/ml ref range: (0.7 – 11.1) T3=100ng/dl ref range: (84 – 172) T4=7.81 microgram/dl ref range: (4.5 – 12.5) Total Testosterone= 216 ref range: (262 – 1593ng/dl) Prolactin= 4.6ng/ml ref range: (2.5 – 17) ESR= 11 ref range: (0 – 15mm/1st hour) After the tests I went to see the doctor and he advised me HcG injections and advised Gonacor5000 innjection once a week for 6 weeks. I got the injection for 3 weeks and again got my testosterone test done. This I did in August first week 2010. Test date: August 8, 2010 Total testosterone: 548ng/dl Since I had to fly out of the country I did not complete the course. After 3 months I got the test done again Test Date: November 23rd, 2010 Testosterone: 307ng/dl ref range: (262 – 1593) Since there was an alarming decrease in testosterone I went to see the doctor and he advised HcG injections 2X a week IVF-C HcG 5000IU. I had to fly out of the country so I got only one shot and as per the advice of the doctor got the following tests done before discontinuing the treatment: Test Date: Nov 29th 2010 Free T4= 1.3ng/dl ref range: (0.89 – 1.76) LH= 1.280miU/ml ref range: (0.8 – 7.6) Testosterone=417ng/dl ref range: (262 – 1593) Prolactin= 14.1ng/ml ref range: (2.5 – 17) ALT= 17U/L ref range: (10 – 50) AST= 25U/L ref range: (10 – 50) At the same time the doctor advised me to start taking folic acid tablet one every morning and vitamin E tables 400 before going to bed. I am a 32 year old Male and have hada pretty healthy sex life up until last year and am not sure what could be the reason for this. I have had a hernia operation but a doctor said except for varicose veins in my scrotum all else is fine. If I have an erection I am able to hold it as well. Please advise on what the solution to this problem is. I am married but have no kids. We are planning to have kids soon. Thanks,
Asked On : Sat, 1 Jan 2011