I want to stop this habit of rice

Hi, doctor from the last so many months I am eating raw rice. I am not sure if it is causing a damage to my health. I want to stop this habbit but not helping at all.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Jan 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
not much but if you take some small 2 pieces of ginger before eating then your problem will subside slowly.
General & Family Physician Dr. Joey's  Response
Raw rice is not easily digestible and so it gives time for the parasites in the food we eat to gain foothold into the intestines. It gives rise to parasitic infestation which over a period of time will make you anemic and deficient in nutrients. The rice could also absorb water in the intestines and bloat up.

You might experience bloating and other symptoms.