I want to get fair skin

good afternoon complexion is dusky...could u prescribe me a cream to get fair skin
Asked On : Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,
If your complexion is genetically dark and even your rest of the body part is as dark as face then you may not have a good result.But if not so then you should go for CHEMICAL PEELS from a experienced dermatologist .One requires multiple sittings at 2 wk interval .It safe and effective .Along with this you should also apply creams like glycolic acid or tretinoin cream at night .Its mandatory to use a SUN SCREEN daily three times .Sun screen itself would help you a lot.For maintaining your self you can use kojic acid cream daily later..
take care,

OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
You have a whole range of creams for dusky complexion But all these have got effect only as long as you use the cream. None of them has got a permanent effect. For a longer lasting effect, go for skin lightening treatment from a reputed parlour.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Dear Hello, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!
You have not mentioned why you are not satisfied with your natural dusky complexion; also you want a fairer complexion of face only?
I sincerely advice you against beauty parlours.
For face, you can start using glycolic acid 6% cream (available in India as Glyco 6% cream), to be applied on face at NIGHT only. In day time use a good quality sunscreen. Please let me know the results in say 1-1 1/2 months.
Good luck.