I want information about cerebral malaria

Hi, I just came to know about the cerebral malaria, is this to do with malaria fever
Asked On : Fri, 30 Oct 2009
Cerebral malaria is a complicated or a severe manifestation of malarial parasite(Plasmodium falciparum).Pts diagnosed to be infected with plasmodium falciparum should be admitted to a hospital immediately and vigourously treated with antimalarials.Comma is a very characteristic feature of cerebral malaria.

yes cerebral malaria is a complication of malaria. normal malaria if not treated properly, the infection can reach the brain and cause cerebral malaria. be aware of mosquitoes. and treat the normal malarial infection properly.
  Anonymous's Response

yes it is a complecation of malaria fever if left untreated.

yes it is malaria fever which will rise up to brain and cause the problem. if the malaria fever is not treated properly than it will give rise to all this problems. it is very severe disease and will cause death also.
people die in few days if not treated with cerebral malaria, it is malaria with complication to the brain. any opinions on my post...