I saw blood in my daughters ear, please advise me

Today morning, I saw blood in my daughter's ear, she is 14yrs old, there was wax formation in her ears. Please advise
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jun 2010
Mild bleeding in the ear with excessive wax earlier might be due to trauma resulting from the wax removal or dryness of the external ear canal. Most of the cases show improvement on putting olive oil in the canal. If there is pain or persistent bleeding then you need to see an ENT specialist to rule out infection and other organic causes of bleeding from the ear.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Bleeding from ears may be because of any injury(while itching in ears etc ) or infection usually.
Blood stained discharge from ear is usually seen in Otitis (inflammation of ear). Other symptoms of Otitis are pain in ear. A visible boil or a lesion in external ear (called otitis externa). In cases of Otitis media lesion may or may not be visible with out otoscope.This is all one can say from the available history.

Hope this answer might have helped you.