I just had my first period. I want to use tampons

Well, Saturday night I just had my first period (I found out monday morning when I went to the bathroom). I found a good amount of blood in my underwear. I KNOW that it wasn t spotting because I have spotted before and it was MUCH more blood. But all of Sunday I did not bleed at all and all of today I didn t bleed either. I REALLY don t like wearing pads and I tried putting on a tampon and it hurt. I want to wear a pad though because I don t know if I will start bleeding that day, but I don t want to wear a pad because they are uncomftiorable. So will I know when I will start to bleed again or to stop bleeding? Also, how do I tell my mom? I am VERY shy and my mom is kinda weird about stuff like that. I bought pads myself and I am hiding them in my underwear drawer. Only one of my friends have started and I asked her how she told her and she said that she just flat out told her. But I am shy. PLEASE HELP! I am wondering how to tell my mom and if I will know when I will bleed because I hate wearing pads
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Welcome to HCM
Read your prob, when period begins first time , bleeding n duration may be irregular. bleeding may occure only for 1st day or it persist for 3 to 4 days, it vary from vary light to heavy bleeding. period may not come every month so there is nothing to worry. you should tell about it to your mom. as nobody can be best friend like mom. she helps you n share her experiance which helps you a lot.