I have vaginal polyp. What is the chance of getting cancer from it ?

I saw my doctor today for a pep test, she found a polyp. She set up and appointment for a transvaginal ultrasound . She said that if the vaginal wall is thickening then it is a prelude to cancer , and if not then the polyp is 100% benign. I m a 64 year old female with no medical history of any type of cancer. My mom & dad both died of self inflecting cancer ie: smoking. But there is no other type on cancer in our family. I m a bit concerned because of my age, could you please answer my question, does age matter? Thank you, Elizabeth
Asked On : Fri, 3 Jun 2011