I have the worst cramps the day before and after my period

Hello im 13 years old and i have awful cramps at the start and end of my period. the pain is much that i feel like dying. I have the worst cramps the day before and after my period. Plz hepl me, what should i do, should i go 4 medicine.
Asked On : Mon, 21 Dec 2009
  Anonymous's Response

im 26 now but i was 13 when i got my period and not long after i started having such severe cramps that i would get sick and not even go to school. my cramps would start a few days before my period and last until the last day of my period. i found out when i was alot older that it is called Dysmenorria (i think i spelled that wrong lol) it is basically very severe cramps. i did get put on birth control at 21 to help stop it but it actually did not help. then last year i was on another one to help and that made things worse. i still have it, nothing helps much, but after i had 2 kids it seems to only be every other period now. most of the time anyway lol. i wish i could help you more. it sounds exactly like what i have. if u can ask ur doc for a prescription of tylenol 3, that seems to help alot but some docs wont give it out because it is a combination of tylenol and a narcotic. given ur age they may not

When you're that young cramps can be especially bad, because your body is still adjusting to everything. It sounds like you need to go to an ObGYN and get prescribed a birth control, this will help control your hormones, and make your periods/cramps less intense and more predictable. This is common for girls who have bad cramps. Besides that, when you have cramps (or know they will be coming) take a couple of ibuprofin, lay on your left side (if possible) and put a hot water bottle on your lower belly. It can also help to go to a Natural Foods store and get a PMS vitamin supplement, which will help with cramps. I still strongly suggest the birth control though. Good luck!