I have some dark red lines in my white ball of my eye. Is it for computer ?

sir, i have some dark red lines in my white ball of my eye. It sometimes look like yellowish lines. One dark red line in my right eye and more red lines in my left eye. What implies this ?? how to bring back my normal pure white ball ? is this abonormal ? i dont have any bad habits like drinking,smoking. And also from my point of view, i analysed myself that i spend atleast 2-5 hours infront of computer screen daily. Also i spent a lot to play video games. when i played games for 1 hour, my eye become reddish one. So i think this problem may arise due to one of the above reason. How to protect my eye from computer screen because i have to become as IT engineer (Studying B.Tech(IT) final year). i am wearing class for the past 6 years. My eye power is -3.25 in both eyes.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
dear friend you are suffering from DRY EYE SYNDROME .those persons who are working on computer more ( about 6-8 hours) have this problem now called it as COMPUTER JOB SYNDROME .PREVENTION :1)close the eyes for 2 minutes after every 20 minutes working on computer .2)use ARC GLASSES . TREATMENT :use REFRESHTEARS eye drop 1 drop tds . thankyou .