I have puffy eyelids and the eye color is pink with crusty stuff

Last night both of my eyes were getting a goopy discharge (light green color) and I was extremely tired and I felt like I had a headache right behind my eyes. This morning my eyes were sealed shut with the crusty stuff. I washed my face to get it all off. My eyelids are very puffy and the whites of my eyes are pink. If I touch my eyelids genlty I feel some pain. If you could give me any ideas of how to get rid of this I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Asked On : Tue, 22 Feb 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic portal
you have a infection,wash eyes with water put antibiotic drops frequently since it is a contact infection don't spread it to others