I have not had my period yet and i am 13

Well i am 13 and i have not gotten my period yet. Should i be scared? What if i don t get my period until i am 15? Is that bad? At school they all teached us a program called Abstinence . They said every one has a different body so you shouldn t worry about what age you should get your period at. But i am not convinced! What happens if you get your period at a late time is it bad? Oh and i don t have pubic hair yet in my gentle area but if i get it what should i use to shave it off? Even if i am the only one who can see my body naked i think having hair down their is gross. to me. Please help me
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Your period is based on whether you have the proper body fat yet to substain a period and child, and the level of your hormones. Girls these days get their periods so soon because of our diets. We eat high fat foods, so we get to the point of having the proper amount of body fat faster. If you don't get your period until your 15 is absolutely NORMAL. Be thankful if you don't get till you are 15 cause trust me it's not blessing. Shaving your pubic area is so irritating. It starts to ich, burn you get a rash...yea unpleasant. It's not necessary to get rid of your pubic hair. Girls wax it off for a more desirable look while in a bikini and such. Trimming it is an option many forget. Trimming it is less expensive and avoids any irriation shaving it off creates.